Sunday, October 12, 2014

Weekend 80%

Weekends are hard.  I'll just come out and say it.  Even if there aren't major celebrations going on, there's that "off work" mindset that makes it a struggle for weight loss.

However, I have a goal of making weekends 80% or better.  Because there has got to be room for some grace.

This weekend was pretty good for the 80%.  I did get a workout in on Saturday doing demolition at a friend's house.  That was tough and made me sore!  Sunday I took a walk with the family.  It wasn't strenuous, and could have been longer (but dad and the dog were finished)...but I still got moving.

As far as food, I was pretty good.  I had a glass of wine Friday night, but ate ok. Not perfect, but ok.  Saturday was good.  I just had normal breakfast, and had a sandwich/pasta salad for lunch.  Dinner Saturday was leftovers, and I had a popsicle.  Sunday, I had dessert at lunch, but I was actually pretty good with my portions, even though it was some of my favorite foods.

I have foods prepped for the week.  Breakfasts and lunches are ready to go.  And dinners will be leftovers, crockpot taco soup, church dinner (this week is potato and salad), and fend-for-yourself.

Thursday is boss's day, so we will have a potluck.  I've got to mentally prepare for that.  I think my game plan is to bring lots of fruits/veggies and watch my portions.

Next weekend will prove a challenge being out of town all weekend, but I just have to remember to make good choices.  Maybe if I psych myself up now I can stick with it! ha!

So there we go.  80% weekend.  I'll count it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment