Thursday, October 16, 2014

On Point

Man, it feels good to be rolling along on point.  I mean, yesterday, I ate what I planned (with the exception of a lunch swap.  I wasn't hungry at lunch so I only ate my apple and cheese...and so later when the group went to Starbucks, I got a frap- but it was technically my "lunch."  Healthy?  Probably not the best choice...but at least I had one and not both!).  I ate healthy at church - which right now is easy because mom makes my meal to-go for me to eat during class.  In two weeks I'll have to make those good choices myself and say no to dessert myself when I'm back at church dinners.

Anyway....I've been hungry all morning, so I've blown through my snacks.  It's ok though.  I will balance it out with a light lunch and no snacking this afternoon.

My biggest mental struggle is how to handle tomorrow.  We are having a potluck.  Here's my plan- sample, but don't overdo anything.  Say "no" to things that aren't special or don't continue to eat anything that's not great.  Bring fruits and veggies to snack on, and a light soup lunch....and try and go for an afternoon walk.

Also, this weekend I'm running all over Arkansas, but I just have to make good choices.  I'm putting it out there- Sunday I'm having lunch with friends.  They are taking me to an AMAZING looking Mexican place.  (I have no idea where I'm eating Saturday.  Goal is to make good choices.  NOT perfect choices, but make good ones on purpose).  But Sunday...I WILL control my chip intake and make a healthy choice.  I WILL.

So there.  I'm on point, and I plan on not blowing it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment