Tuesday, June 17, 2014

One Day

I had one good day yesterday.

I drank a couple of juices (well, only half of the beet/carrot/apple....it was just too much beets), ate the food I planned (with a healthy treat after dinner - half of a local protein bar and a protein shake after our walk), and hit 13,000 steps with the help of a walk at lunch and after dinner.

It's funny how I can dole out advice to others, but it's tough to follow myself. For example, mom was lamenting about not losing weight, and I said "Well, you have to make changes.  If you did what you've always done, you'll weigh what you've always weighed."  Well, duh.  Now live that.

I wrote on a post-it at work "Small Sacrifices" which is just how I intend to lose this weight (hopefully for the last time!).

I've ordered a book on disordered eating (hoping to ditch that emotional binging now), and I'm planning on losing 2 pounds, 17 times.  I'm not looking at the big picture.  I just want to lose 2 pounds.  Hopefully, I can lose about 2 pounds a week...but however long it takes, I'd love to hit 2 pounds.  Then I'll work on another two.

I'm working on changing my mindset, my habits, and my life.  I can do this.  I've got one good day under my belt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment